The company Himalaya was founded by Mohammed Manal in 1930 for the production of herbal medicines in the town of Dehradun in the foothills of the Himalayas. Today, Himalaya Drug Co. is a well-known brand sold in more than 70 countries. In addition to the Indian market, the company’s products are also present in the markets of Western and South-East Asia, Russia and CIS countries. In a wide range of the company there are about 179 products – 66 medicines, 82 cosmetics, 9 products in the children’s series, and 22 in the veterinary. It is worth noting that 60% of the company’s revenue falls on pharmaceuticals, 35% for cosmetics and 5% for animal care products.
“Himalaya Herbals” produces multicomponent herbal products of high quality. Many medicinal herbs that are endangered are grown on the company’s own lands. The company strictly follows the rules of the organization of pharmaceutical production (GMP). The company is proud of its careful attitude to the environment. For example, a modern wastewater treatment plant was installed long before it became a mandatory requirement. The plant has multistage quality control and project management groups.
The quality system consists of two areas: provision and control.
Pharmaceutical products are created in compliance with the following rules:
· Rules for the organization of pharmaceutical production (GMP)
· Rules for conducting laboratory tests (GLP)
· The rules for carrying out clinical trials (GCP)
Rules for the organization of pharmaceutical production include the assessment of quality, efficacy and safety of products:
– Pharmacological studies of plant raw materials;
– Analysis of preparations from plants;
– Selection of composition, preparation of dosage form;
– The stability tests are carried out according to the guidelines.
Showing the single result